Mikey Fremer in Chicago Oct 28, TT setup lecture

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just found out that the Chicago Audiophile Society is having Michael Fremer from Stereophile come by and do a TT setup demonstration/lecture at Ultimate A/V in Northshore Chicago this October 28, 2007.

If anyone wants to make it up there, let me know as I'm thinking about heading up there.

Joey

Linky:
http://www.ultimateaudiovideo.citymax.com/page/page/5011896.htm

That sounds like a good opportunity for you, go for it !!

Joey, I bet that would be interesting. I noticed that on his VPI anti-skating setup in his DVD, that he took off part of the anti-skating device. He said that it wouldn't adjust to the correct anti-skating with it on. I wondered if he had untwisted the wire connection to the junction box if it would have worked, then, as prior to adding the anti-skating mechanism, that's what VPI used to use as their anti-skating device. You just twisted that connection one revolution to adjust it. I noticed he didn't even try that in his video, but I'll bet that's what needed to be done, as it was already providing some amount of anti-skating effect. I think he was more impressed that he found a "bug" in VPI's anti-skating mechanism.

Joey, I bet that would be interesting. I noticed that on his VPI anti-skating setup in his DVD, that he took off part of the anti-skating device. He said that it wouldn't adjust to the correct anti-skating with it on. I wondered if he had untwisted the wire connection to the junction box if it would have worked, then, as prior to adding the anti-skating mechanism, that's what VPI used to use as their anti-skating device. You just twisted that connection one revolution to adjust it. I noticed he didn't even try that in his video, but I'll bet that's what needed to be done, as it was already providing some amount of anti-skating effect. I think he was more impressed that he found a "bug" in VPI's anti-skating mechanism.

Steve,

I don't have the antiskate.... but from what I read, I don't think I'm missing much! :)

Latest posts

Back