Highest level of education?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your level of education?

• Currently In/Some High School

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • High School or Equiv. Degree

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Currently In/Some College

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • College Degree

Votes: 28 29.2%
  • Graduate Degree

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Post Graduate Degree

Votes: 20 20.8%

• Total voters

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
In an effort to get a better understanding of who is accessing the site, we have added these "official" polls. If you can think of a poll that should be added, please contact us at [email protected]

Thanks!

Tom.

I just want to know how come it seems that an aweful lot of millionares dropped out of High School and College?

I was told quiters never win. :eek:

Sure you can, you can do anything with statistics. The number of responses approaches the threshold for a population sample N=22 so go ahead and reach some conclusions for this group. What you can't do is use this data to extrapolate to another group, such as Martin-Logan owners in general.

zaphod said:
Masters or PhD for example. A second degree after your initial university degree.

Masters or PhD are graduate degrees. The first degree (undergraduate) is a college/university degree. There is no such thing as a post-graduate degree. I found the scale confusing, which is perhaps one reason why this received so few responses.

Sky Saw said:
Masters or PhD are graduate degrees. The first degree (undergraduate) is a college/university degree. There is no such thing as a post-graduate degree. I found the scale confusing, which is perhaps one reason why this received so few responses.

but to get my masters degree, i go to post-graduate school :)

i took it to mean any degree received after your inital one. that includes some non-master/phd degrees. for example, a law degree needs to be preceeded by bachlers of something. at least it did, in canada 20 years ago. same for a number of other professional degrees.

since there was no seperation of graduate degree (Masters/phd) and "other degrees after you have initially graduated" i agree it's confusing.

i also agree i didn't help any :)

polls are hard. about much of the conversation on the reel to reel groups is about the geography (where do you live) poll.

zaphod said:
but to get my masters degree, i go to post-graduate school :)

Mr. B-brox - maybe you were spending too much time partying with or listening to 'The Loudest Band in the Universe' to care :) , but when you were doing your master's, you were in graduate school. However, I get your point.

More importantly, are you the Zaphod on CoffeeGeek?

Sky Saw said:
More importantly, are you the Zaphod on CoffeeGeek?

nope, i gave up coffee around 1989 or so. went from 2 carafes a day to nothing. cold turkey.

It took 2 tries. the first try the other people in the office brought me coffee ans asked me to go back on it.

gee. you bite one person ... :D

i chose "zaphod" back in 1983 or so in undergraduate. I had spent much of the previous summer listening to the HHGTTG on the CBC.

Needless to say, i have the towel, the radio tapes, the LaserDisc, the Radio Guide, the books and a collection of "zaphod" accounts around the net.

at the time "what do you want for a unix id" seemed like such an innocent question.

Sky Saw said:

It was a bit hard for me to answer to the poll anyway, as I followed a French degree course. I chose "post graduate" as my latest diploma could be obtained 6 years after high school graduation... somewhere between Masters and PhD.

This has turned in to an interesting thread. I do have a "post-graduate" degree, MBA in Technology Management. I have met people that with more and higher levels of education that can't tie their shoes correctly. :eek:

There are those who test well and can throw back information they just read but learn nothing thoughout the process.
I think for "us" here we are not that type of individuals. I believe from what I have read and the few that I have talked with,we are thankfully the types of individuals who work at attempting to understand, digest and apply the new knowledge we gain to something practical within our busy lives.

To me this is the true worth of knowledge and not a piece of paper that hangs on the wall!! :D BTW mine is in my sock drawer. LOL :rolleyes:

Jeff

Would considering myself to have a graduate degree when I still have 1 year left of grad. school be cheating? If so, I just cheated :D

-D

Currently in grad school aka medical school.

Another 3 years (including this year) and I am home free! :D

I never liked school

everything I know I learned myself!

I have three degrees- all are undergrad though. Can I vote three times then?
Nik

What's the point of all this? What does your level of education have to do with your enjoyment of audio or this site?

Back