Sumiko Blue Point III, or Blackbird

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mosttoysrk

Reaction score
Anyone have any listening experiences with these 2 MC cartridges. I am looking to replace my old Blue Point with either the III or the blackbird. I have a Linn Sondek LP12 turntable and at this moment can't remember my tonearm. :(

Anyone have any listening experiences with these 2 MC cartridges. I am looking to replace my old Blue Point with either the III or the blackbird. I have a Linn Sondek LP12 turntable and at this moment can't remember my tonearm. :(

I've yet to hear a BP that doesn't sound like sh*t. Go with the Blackbird which is supposedly miles better or better still one of the Benz cartridges which are exceptionally musical as opposed to audiophiley IMO.

Thanks for the reply, what is your opinion of the high output Micro Benz glider cartridge?

The three medium priced MC's ive owned and enjoyed have been the Blackbird, the Dynavector 17D3 and the Shelter 501...

Shelter is a bit warm, Dynavector right in the middle and the Blackbird a bit forward. Depending on your system, any of them might be your cup of tea.

For a little more money the Lyra Argo-i is quite nice too. A little more detail than the other three.

Good luck shopping!

Thanks for the reply, what is your opinion of the high output Micro Benz glider cartridge?

I like it quite a bit, unfortunately when I got my "Ace" I lacked the funds to get a "Glider." My next cartridge is between a Benz "L2" or in a stretch a Dynavector XX-2.

Back