Tube DAC

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risabet

Reaction score
I just received a new DAC from Tube Audio Design for evaluation. First listen indicates that digital can be better than I have had but still not vinyl:eek: Connected with Zu "Firemine" digital coax and Audioquest Diamondback IC. PC is a Iron Lung Jellyfish from the same company. Very good sounding no doubt and a ten (10) day evaluation period with a $20 restocking fee. $599.00 sale price, $699.00 after the sale ends, $1599.00 list (ha!). Details at the link below

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/bizzyb/TADAC.html

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,486
  • IMG_0026.JPG
    IMG_0026.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
Nice...send it to me and I'll evaluate it for you :D

When it gets to Europe it'll cost €1600 probably, or +/- $2000 :(

Nice...send it to me and I'll evaluate it for you :D

When it gets to Europe it'll cost €1600 probably, or +/- $2000 :(

Factory direct only so that might help with the cost. Don't know if he builds a 240v/50Hz model though:D

Factory direct only so that might help with the cost. Don't know if he builds a 240v/50Hz model though:D

American equipment is just sooooo expensive here. Doesn't help your economy at all. I'm glad I could afford some 2nd hand ML's :D

With such a weak $ it may be a good idea to buy direct from the USA via the internet. No one in the EU is going to pass the weak $ savings to the customer. The retailers are just going to make better margins.

Where to sell vinyl

Risa,

This is a bit off topic, but you are the MASTER of all that is vinyl...

I have received many records (33 1/3 as well as 78) from my mom and dad. The 78's are from my grandfather (mom's side) and MUST be from the 50's or before. The 33 1/3 are mostly mom and dads old stuff that they will never bother to listen to again (they don't even have a TT) and it is stuff I am not interested in...

Here is the deal, MANY of them are original release 6 eye red labels and such. Some may well be worth $100 others are probably worth NOTHING. All of the outer cover some are missing the inner sleeve and most of the outer covers are not mint, some are down right BAD!

Here is the question is there a place to look up the values and/or sell them? Thanks mucho!

Risa,

This is a bit off topic, but you are the MASTER of all that is vinyl...

I have received many records (33 1/3 as well as 78) from my mom and dad. The 78's are from my grandfather (mom's side) and MUST be from the 50's or before. The 33 1/3 are mostly mom and dads old stuff that they will never bother to listen to again (they don't even have a TT) and it is stuff I am not interested in...

Here is the deal, MANY of them are original release 6 eye red labels and such. Some may well be worth $100 others are probably worth NOTHING. All of the outer cover some are missing the inner sleeve and most of the outer covers are not mint, some are down right BAD!

Here is the question is there a place to look up the values and/or sell them? Thanks mucho!

PCar,

Check out http://www.popsike.com/ for auction results on LPs. Basically Popsike list the sale amount for vinyl on EBay and maybe other auction sites also. Anything of value will sell on EBay if you have decent feedback and list them accurately.

I would of course be happy to take anything cool off your hands:D

Good luck

Last edited:
PCar,

Check out http://www.popsike.com/ for auction results on LPs. Basically Popsike list the sale amount for vinyl on EBay and maybe other auction sites also. Anything of value will sell on EBay if you have decent feedback and list them accurately.

I would of course be happy to take anything cool off your hands:D

Thanks much! Keep your eyes on ebay and you might find something you can't live w/o! Though I can't imagine I would be selling anything you don't already have! As I recall, you have a HUGE vinyl collection!

Latest posts

Back