Mcintosh MC2102 Tube Amplifier vs MC275 Tube amplifiers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjay

Reaction score
I am narrowing down what Tube Amplifier will be the best match for a Mcintosh C220 Tube preamplifer with Martin Logan Vantage speakers. Has anyone have any comments about which would work best with my preamplifier?
Jim

I am narrowing down what Tube Amplifier will be the best match for a Mcintosh C220 Tube preamplifer with Martin Logan Vantage speakers. Has anyone have any comments about which would work best with my preamplifier?
Jim

Either would work fine. These two have quite different sounds, however, with the MC275 sounding to my ears more "modern" in its sonic character despite its long pedigree and the MC2102 sounding a little softer & warmer. There's a significant price differenc also. For an ESL my instinct would be that the MC275 would be the better bet but in this case I'd say auditioning is mandatory. You also might want to post this question and/or do some further research on the Mcintosh forum at audiokarma. All kinds of great Mac resources there. Here's the link:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

best,

k

Latest posts

Back