TT sugestions..

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicksPicks

Reaction score
reformulating some things...
my single input Cyclops amp became a bummer for me once I decided to keep my table (thorens td160) ...and maintain my enjoyment of a large digital connection. Can't have it all on a one input integrated!

So...Now I have a Tempest.....working on a Stratos (or two) because I couldnt fathom changing the sound that I had grown to love.
Next up for scrutiny is my analog source, and I'm wondering whats good advise for someone on a budget?
  • Keep the thorens, invest in good cart.
  • put $800-1200 into different table...used Scout?

Scout seems to be the consensus most places I look. There is another interesting table, the Marantz TT-15S. It's a great table with a nice cartridge included (the ClearAudio Virtuoso MM) for a good price!

When I do buy my table, I think I'm going with either a Scout or a Scoutmaster.

Cool thing about the VPI tables is that you can always start with a Scout and then upgrade at your own rate to either a Scout Master or Super Scout Master.

(Filter on) - I am an unabashed VPI fan - (Filter off)

Last edited:
my buddy has an older VPI table that smokes my thorens....
another friend (who used to own this table, and that VPI...) now owns a thorens TD125 and swears that is superior.

I want to take my own path so we have something different between the 3 of us (audio geeeks...we have to have different gear so we can swap around).
I was thinking used scout.
or ...., Rega. Maybe pick up a P3 and get a good cart for it. I think I could do that for $800 or so.

I was thinking used scout.
or ...., Rega. Maybe pick up a P3 and get a good cart for it. I think I could do that for $800 or so.

I have a hankering for a SuperScoutMaster. I have a Rega P2 and unusually it has an RB300 arm and Exact cart! VERY NICE!

Latest posts

Back