PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Nite Gathering

twich54
06-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Everybody that plans on making the sat nite social, 5-7pm, DON"T FORGET TO BRING A CD FOR THE EXCHANGE !!

amey01
06-13-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm sure there will be an exchange of a lot of bad music!

MiTT
06-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Everybody that plans on making the sat nite social, 5-7pm, DON"T FORGET TO BRING A CD FOR THE EXCHANGE !!

Yep, been giving that some though recently. I want it to be something I really like, something that is of artistic merit, and shows off the Logans really well.

Hmmmmm:rolleyes:

Joey_V
06-13-2007, 03:33 PM
I need to find something cool....

sleepysurf
06-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Are these required to be "commercial" CD's, or can we create "Demo Discs" of our favorite tracks?

MiTT
06-13-2007, 04:01 PM
I need to find something cool....

Yep, I got it man - have you heard the new bootleg Britany Spears Lip Sync sessions? I picked it up on a 300g vinyl direct to disc pressing.

MiTT
06-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Are these required to be "commercial" CD's, or can we create "Demo Discs" of our favorite tracks?

Oh yeah, that's a cool idea. I'd say whatever you want to bring in sir. I'd be very intersted in obtaining a copy of what you're talking about, and would be proud to own it!

Joey_V
06-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Yep, I got it man - have you heard the new bootleg Britany Spears Lip Sync sessions? I picked it up on a 300g vinyl direct to disc pressing.

That's it... I'm getting that just for you, Tim. Just for YOU. :devil:

TomDac
06-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Yeah.. don't forget about the CD exchange.. I've got to give this some serious thought.... A white elephant perhaps?

Should we bring the CDs gift wrapped, so you don't know what you're getting, and then put them in a pile and just take one?

Let's hear some ideas...

Tom.

Joey_V
06-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah.. don't forget about the CD exchange.. I've got to give this some serious thought.... A white elephant perhaps?

Should we bring the CDs gift wrapped, so you don't know what you're getting, and then put them in a pile and just take one?

Let's hear some ideas...

Tom.

Yeah! I think that's a good idea... maybe leave a card on the wrapper itself so we atleast know who bought what...?

twich54
06-13-2007, 04:52 PM
I just had my son do a "lossless burn", whatever the hell that means on the following CD's that i plan on putting into the 'basket':

The Peter Malick Group - Chance & Circumstance

BeeGie Adair - As Time Goes By

Music for Living - A great compilation disc featuring various artists

theWB
06-13-2007, 06:01 PM
can we create "Demo Discs" of our favorite tracks?

That's what I want to do, but I don't know what the rules are, if any.:confused:

twich54
06-13-2007, 06:23 PM
That's what I want to do, but I don't know what the rules are, if any.:confused:

No real rules Wayne, go for it, like I said I've already made three !

Joey_V
06-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Do we bring only 1 or do we bring more than 1?

I'm baffled....

I was thinking of buying a CD for a special MLO-er....

Ah well, I have a week to work on this. ;)

Cherian
06-14-2007, 05:10 AM
I got a CD for the exchange. It is a commercial pressing and I just got 1

JonFo
06-14-2007, 05:54 AM
I'm bringing multiple demo discs assembled from my carfully ripped masters on my server. All sources are 16/44.1 WAVs.

Others will be commercial shrink-wraps of some my favorites albums (because I have bad memory regarding what I already own), one is even a DVD-A :D

TomDac
06-14-2007, 06:06 AM
I'm only bringing 1 CD and it will be a commercial pressing.

Make sure you gift wrap them and put your name on it so the person who receives your CD knows who gave it.

twich54
06-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Make sure you gift wrap them and put your name on it so the person who receives your CD knows who gave it.

Only concern with that Tom is how do you know your not selecting something you allready have ? Granted you could then rexchange with someone else.

Here's a thought; as everyone enters the reception they turn in their CD (s) prior to getting their 'goody bag'.

MiTT
06-14-2007, 10:57 AM
I found the disc I'm bringing for Joey - "William Shatner sings Donovan". His version of "Mellow Yellow" is to die for.

Joey_V
06-14-2007, 11:07 AM
I found the disc I'm bringing for Joey - "William Shatner sings Donovan". His version of "Mellow Yellow" is to die for.

You're still getting Britney Spears....

And this will be in MP3 format just to make things better, Tim.

:)

TomDac
06-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Only concern with that Tom is how do you know your not selecting something you allready have ? Granted you could then rexchange with someone else.

Here's a thought; as everyone enters the reception they turn in their CD (s) prior to getting their 'goody bag'.

Once they're all unwrapped, you can trade with someone else.. that's where the fun begins!! A beer and my CD for your CD.... etc.

theWB
06-18-2007, 07:31 PM
My wife reads the words "C0cktail Party" for Saturday and is worried she has to dress up. I plan on showing up in shorts and a t-shirt.
I've assured her that it will be a casual event, but unless she sees it in writing, I don't think she'll believe me. Please help me out so I don't have to lug an extra suitcase for dress clothes.

As I'm typing this she says "Don't forget to ask about Sunday night too.":banghead:

MiTT
06-19-2007, 09:50 AM
My wife reads the words "C0cktail Party" for Saturday and is worried she has to dress up. I plan on showing up in shorts and a t-shirt.
I've assured her that it will be a casual event, but unless she sees it in writing, I don't think she'll believe me. Please help me out so I don't have to lug an extra suitcase for dress clothes.

As I'm typing this she says "Don't forget to ask about Sunday night too.":banghead:

I'm bringing casual dress for the most part. Shorts, tee shirts, speedo. I'll likely wear long pants and a button down shirt to dinner on Sunday - still likely to be jeans though. I was going to bring my tux, but it's at the cleaners.

tonyc
06-19-2007, 10:40 AM
If ya'll think I'm actually going to wear clothes...

TomDac
06-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Everything is going to be UBER casual, including the dinner.

Pcar928fan
06-19-2007, 12:37 PM
MiTT and TonyC I am glad I am going to miss your attire of lack there of! LOL!:D

theWB
06-19-2007, 05:29 PM
MiTT and TonyC I am glad I am going to miss your attire of lack there of! LOL!:D

Jim, we'll take plenty of pictures.:D

Pcar928fan
06-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Jim, we'll take plenty of pictures.:D

EEEWWWWW...MY EYES, MY EYES!!!! LOL! ERASE, ERASE!! ;) :D