How much time to you spend *ACTIVELY* listening?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much time do you spend *ACTIVELY* listening each week [on average]

• <1 hour per week

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 1-2 hours per week

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • 2-5 hours per week

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • 5-10 hours per week

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • 10-20 hours per week

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • >20 hours per week

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters

amey01

Reaction score
Following on from Sleepysurf's poll, how much time do you spend *ACTIVELY* listening to your system each week [on average].

I'm not talking about the time your system is on - By "actively", I mean sitting on the lounge, motionless, eyes possibly closed, transfixed by music through your 'logans.

No reading, no distractions and for this instance, no HT (someone else can start a HT thread if they wish, but as far as I'm concerned it is a distraction as well).

My system is playing music for many hours a week, but due to time constraints, unfortunately my "active listening" time is limited to about three hours. It would be much much more if I had a dedicated room!

Most of my "listening" time is in HT mode while watching TV or a movie. I don't put on the "good stuff" and *really listen* to often...as much as I can I like to do that though. Did 3 or more hours on Sunday, but that is unusual for me.

I "listen" more than 10 hrs a week, but most of that is while I'm doing other stuff. Actively listening, concentrating 100% on the music, only happens 1 to 2 hrs a week in my house. I wish that number were higher, but that's all the time I can afford.

I Listen Every Chance I Get...

I just love music. :D All kinds of music really. :D I listen well over 20 hours a week, more like 30 hours. Morning, evening, weekends and holidays... :D

I just love music. :D All kinds of music really. :D I listen well over 20 hours a week, more like 30 hours. Morning, evening, weekends and holidays... :D

ahhh - so you're the one that put more than 20! I wish! Where do you get the time?

Let's think - mornings - don't have time to look at my system
during the day - at work, darn, it gets in the way of everything!
evenings - making dinner, talking to my wife, walking the dog.......etc.....

Conclusion: Lucky to get 1/2 hour of listening in (but it is my most scared 1/2 hour in the day!) Weekends are a bit better (sometimes)!

Music Is A Glorious Necessary Part Of Life...

ahhh - so you're the one that put more than 20! I wish! Where do you get the time?

Let's think - mornings - don't have time to look at my system
during the day - at work, darn, it gets in the way of everything!
evenings - making dinner, talking to my wife, walking the dog.......etc.....

Conclusion: Lucky to get 1/2 hour of listening in (but it is my most scared 1/2 hour in the day!) Weekends are a bit better (sometimes)!
amey01,

Yes, music listening is ever present in my life. Music gives me serenity and totally relaxes my mind.

Thank God I still have my hearing... I do so throughly enjoy the quality listening experience. :D

Yay - I am in the majority!

I havent listened in two months and when I am out of town I can never listen. When home, and not at work, I LISTEN at least a couple of hours a day.

5 to 10 per week.

I spend about 20hrs per week in the HT, but much of that is movies or other video.
The rest is active listening with the occasional post on the MLOC ;)

With a system like mine, it would be a sin to spend any less time on it :music:

5-10h per week... that's purely active. If you include all listening, we're probably in the 20-30 range.

It varies , If I am happy with the sound Ill listen for 3 to 4 hrs at a time taking little breaks. I like to give my ears a break. I do a lot of tweaking and moving of things with several components Ill listen to the same passage on several discs to dial it in . That can take hrs too.

It varies , If I am happy with the sound Ill listen for 3 to 4 hrs at a time taking little breaks. I like to give my ears a break. I do a lot of tweaking and moving of things with several components Ill listen to the same passage on several discs to dial it in . That can take hrs too.

This should be the next poll. How much time do you spend tweaking instead of enjoying!

I know I am guilty.

Later

This should be the next poll. How much time do you spend tweaking instead of enjoying!

I know I am guilty.

Later

Yes, why don't you post it? I know I am NOT guilty - there are things I know need doing to my system, but whenever I get the time, the music calls.

Back