New View for 911's ???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Is this what you Porsche boys are going to be looking at in the near future ??? ......Audi R8, looks mighty nice, but considering it's the same price (more or less) than a Porsche GT-3, myself , I'll take the GT-3 !

Attachments

• audi_r8_3.jpg
    audi_r8_3.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 213
In my 30 year old Porsche, I'm lucky to keep up with traffic filled with 0-60 seven second SUV's.:D

Porsche dude... for sure man! There's a difference between getting a car that has a legacy to it and a car that just came out.

Last edited:
Is this what you Porsche boys are going to be looking at in the near future ??? ......Audi R8, looks mighty nice, but considering it's the same price (more or less) than a Porsche GT-3, myself , I'll take the GT-3 !

The thing is nearly as expensive as a 911 Turbo, not nearly as attractive and the Turbo 911 will SMOKE that car BIG TIME! My old 928 GTS's are close!

Ok now to be fair Audi has been around far longer then Porsche. It was just under the auto union banner. Back in the 30s DKW Auto Union was the car to beat. The Auto Union C and D-type was the dominant grand prix car of the 30s. At this time there was no Porsche. Having owned a few Audis I can attest to there track performance.

I hope the Audi R8 will come out with the diesel engine. This will be an efficient leap forward in sports car design.

Attachments

• Type c.jpg
    Type c.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
The thing is nearly as expensive as a 911 Turbo, not nearly as attractive and the Turbo 911 will SMOKE that car BIG TIME! My old 928 GTS's are close!

Uhh, the V8 Audi R8 will be about $25k less than a 911 Turbo :)

I bet another $25k into a R8 will make it much more interesting :)

Don't get me wrong, I really like the 911 Turbo but it's not an apples to apples comparison.

I'd rather have an Aston Martin V8 Vantage over either of them though ;)

If its a dream then its the Bugatti Veyron with 1001 HP.

Attachments

• bugatti.jpg
    bugatti.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 195
Ok now to be fair Audi has been around far longer then Porsche. It was just under the auto union banner.

I hope the Audi R8 will come out with the diesel engine. This will be an efficient leap forward in sports car design.

No doubt about the history of Audi/Auto Union! They did some GREAT things and built some COOL cars.

Audi has been racing the diesel for a couple of years now so it would not surprise me to much if they did that just to make a statement if nothing else!

Uhh, the V8 Audi R8 will be about $25k less than a 911 Turbo :)

I bet another $25k into a R8 will make it much more interesting :)

Don't get me wrong, I really like the 911 Turbo but it's not an apples to apples comparison.

I'd rather have an Aston Martin V8 Vantage over either of them though ;)

And the R8 is almost $20k more than a 911 Carrera S so that is really not fair either but that is the one they are talking about as its competition. Seems to me if you can afford a $100k car you are more likely to be able to afford a $125k car vs. if you can afford an $80k car jumping up and over the majic $100k mark...

I agree, I like the new Aston VERY MUCH! I have not seen one live and in person yet though! Looking forward to that day!

Ok now to be fair Audi has been around far longer then Porsche. It was just under the auto union banner. Back in the 30s DKW Auto Union was the car to beat. The Auto Union C and D-type was the dominant grand prix car of the 30s. At this time there was no Porsche. Having owned a few Audis I can attest to there track performance.

To be FAIR Porsche designed that car too.;)

http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/cref-porfer.html
Porsche, however, was becoming and more interested in the idea of building a small car for mass-production and in 1931 he left Mercedes-Benz and established a company called Porsche Konstruktionburo fur Motoren-Fahrzeug-Luftfahrzeug und Wasserfahrzeugbau in Stuttgart, his aim being to design engines for cars, planes and ships. He did a variety of design work for the Wanderer, Zundapp and then NSU and in 1932 the success with the Wanderer 2-liter car led to Porsche being asked by the newly-formed Auto Union consortium (Horch, Audi, Wanderer and DKW) to design a Grand Prix car. He produced the radical mid-engined Auto Union A-Type for the 1934 season. It was not the first such car, Porsche having designed a similar vehicle for Mercedes-Benz in 1923 (the Tropfenwagen). The car began to show well in the hands of Hans Stuck and in 1935 Porsche designed a B-Type, developing his ideas. Stuck was joined by a new rising star called Bernd Rosemeyer and the cars became increasingly successful. The C-Type continued the development but in 1937 Porsche was replaced by Karl Feuereissen and he concentrated on his new project - the Volkswagen.

His early Hybrid work was even cooler.

http://www.hybrid-vehicle.org/hybrid-vehicle-porsche.html

Last edited:
I would never deny Ferdinand Porsche’s influence in early German racecar design. I was Just saying that Audi was around long before the Porsche Company.

I would never deny Ferdinand Porsche’s influence in early German racecar design. I was Just saying that Audi was around long before the Porsche Company.

Oh, if that's what you meant then I understand.

Back to cars..............

veyron_smash02_11173109108.jpg

veyron_smash01_11173109139.jpg

Don't worry, it will buff right out.;)

You need to watch this before blowing off the Veyron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWJj8pAUu5k&mode=related&search=

If this video dosen't get the little hairs on the back of your neck standing on end and your pulse racing...Your dead.

TOTALLY Love Top Gear, but it seems to have disappeared from US TV's unless I am missing something... If anyone knows if it is still on here (OR 5th Gear for that matter too, love those guys as well!) let me know.

I won't deny that the Veyron is a technological tour de force, but there is no car as impressive over all as the McLaren. You and TWO friends, with some small amt. of luggage can go over 230mph! The car is GORGEOUS, and won ALL KINDS OF RACES and for racing had to be DE-TUNED from the street car! It is one of few cars to appreciate in value before it was an OLD car, I mean you just can't beat a McF1!

TOTALLY Love Top Gear, but it seems to have disappeared from US TV's unless I am missing something... If anyone knows if it is still on here (OR 5th Gear for that matter too, love those guys as well!) let me know.

I won't deny that the Veyron is a technological tour de force, but there is no car as impressive over all as the McLaren. You and TWO friends, with some small amt. of luggage can go over 230mph! The car is GORGEOUS, and won ALL KINDS OF RACES and for racing had to be DE-TUNED from the street car! It is one of few cars to appreciate in value before it was an OLD car, I mean you just can't beat a McF1!

I have all the episodes so far.... if you want, I can send them to you. I think they're mpegs or something... so I'm not sure if you can play it in your HT.

Joey

Back