Bottlehead Foreplay III

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwrace

Reaction score
Well, I am going to build one. Yep, I'm going to build one to try before my Pass X-250 amp. Takin' my Pass X-1 out and we'll see.....I'm going to build it so it "blends" with the Pass. It will have a machined aluminum case that is anodized black (I think black). Then I will laser etch the Foreplay III name on it so it really looks factory. It will be a fun little project and I can see what a tube pre sounds like. I've been told that this pre is amazing for the money and the circuit is the same as the high dollar ones. We'll see about that. ;) Has anyone on this forum built one? I'm going to build the basic kit first, then if I like what I hear I will add the upgrades. If nothing else it should be fun. Of course I will post pics and review when it's done which will be a while from now. There backordered three weeks and then build time etc. It will be a while. Keep lookin' for it though.

check it out:
http://www.bottlehead.com/et/adobespc/foreplay3/foreplay3.htm

Maybe the unit will take take a road trip or should I say air trip to Chicago for the official Joey V audition....How cool is that?

Back