Continuing the Analog Dialog

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
After recent talk on cleaning, brushes, etc with our cherished LP's Tim and I have posted some of the various "Tweeks" , changes , etc that we have done to our viynl rigs. So , with some of the new members posting their systems and I see that turntables are present, let's here what others have done and or tried for that last little bit of sonic excellence out of their analog gear.

Last edited:
The last thing I did was to replace the laminated MDF shelf with an edge glued shelf of solid cherry. The entire thing sits on a AudioTech stand (light and rigid). The result is a little better clarity and bass tunefulness.

Attachments

• gi.mpl.jpg
    gi.mpl.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 86
HI All,
Analog, oh boy!!

The last thing I did is not did yet. I'm in the process of buying an Aesthetix Rhea all tube phono preamp to go with my new Oracle Delphi V turntable fitted with a Graham 2.2 Deluxe arm and my Clearaudio Discovery MC cartridge.

Damn, this is an expensive hobby and the upgrades never end. Even when I think I have the problems under control, I don't. I love it!! :rocker:

Sparky

The last thing I did was to replace the laminated MDF shelf with an edge glued shelf of solid cherry. QUOTE]

Me too, I have mine sitting on a slab of maple. If memory serves me Roberto also likes the sound of his TT on wood as well.

Sparky, let us know how the new phono-pre sounds.

Tim, your carbon fibre mat sounds interesting, I have yet to put anything between the LP and the Aries 3 platter. Anybody else out there with acrylic platters ? What are you doing ??

I use the Bellari tube phono preamp for my Scout. I am amazed at how good the little, cheap Bellari is. I will add a more expensive phono amp soon, but I honestly don't feel I'm missing out on much from this little phono amp.
I changed out the interconnects from the table to the phono amp from Tara Labs Reference (very clear) to Straight Wire Maestro II (even better; more transparent - but was a tight fit on the Bellari) and can hear the difference via this phono amp. Amazing. I also changed out the interconnects from the phono amp to the KAV 400xi from Audioquest to Straight Wire.
I like the tubed sound (clear, involving, full) so much, that I'm adding a Jolida JD1000RC, to see what effect it will have. I guess it will be pretty rough to have to play with both tube and transistor!
I will prolly put a maple cutting board under the Scout, to see if that makes any difference, but I don't expect much, as the Scout is on a wood cabinet now. I also will try different cartridges, but I really like the Aurum Beta S wood. - Steve

Latest posts

Back