Noobiee Question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mailmonitor

Hello to All you wonderful ML owners,

I've been browsing this wonderfull forum for a few weeks now and you guys are fab!! enought chit chat..Straight to the Question!

I have a Unison Research UnicoP with the matching Unico CDP.. I've always had boxed speakers and currently using SF cremona auditors.

But the thing is I have always really liked the electrostatic sound but have always been to timid to go that path..I have a chance to purchase a ML Scenario for a good price and wish to give it a try! and unfortunately theres no pre-out for a power amp upgrade (I didnt plan to upgrade actually) I listen to mainly jazz vocals, a little bit of pop and no heavy stufff. My silly Q is will my little integrated amp be sufficient to drive the scenarios?

Many many thanks for your advice!

A little blurr of the specs:

Output Power: > 50/8 Ohm, 95/4 Ohm
Output Impedance: 2 to 8 Ohm
Bandwidth: 2 Hz - 100 kHz at -0.5 dB
Input Impedance: 50 kOhm / 47 pF
Input stage: 1 x twin triode ECC82
Output stage: symmetrical complementary power MOSFETs
Damping factor: >60
Feedback factor: 14 dB
Power consumption: max 250 watt
Dimensions (w x d x h): 435 x 340 x h.95 mm
Nett weight: about 12 kg

My silly Q is will my little integrated amp be sufficient to drive the scenarios?

Greetings Sydney!
ML's are power hungry speakers and will sound best if your integrated amp has a higher "Current Peak to Peak" value. This number is more important than how many watts your amp has.

Maybe try auditioning a few amps that fit within your budget and do some comparison listening to see what really makes them sing.

You'll have to try it. MLs will appreciate a higher power, but I'm sure it will be fine for as long as you want to run it that way. When the time comes to upgrade though you'll certainly notice some changes with more power!

Purchased from Audioconnection I take it?

Hi amey01 and greetings SugarMedia!

I originally had the SF Concertino Home with a rotel integrated&CDP, then got a good deal on the SF Cremona Auditors.. The rotel combo was lacking a little so I upgraded.. Yes all from audio connection! :haha1:

I got the Unison Research gear from fine audio products in Melb. Directly by phone, without actually hearing they and they are nicely matched with the SF's. I didn’t intend to use it with the ML's but.. and I didn’t think I was going to buy ML's.

I can get the 4 yr old Scenarios for about 2000 AUD$ so it’s pretty ok.. As I just want to experiment/live with it. Maybe in the future upgrade to the larger ML's? I'm not sure yet but I really wanted to know if anyone actually ran modest/decently priced integrated with their ML's and if it was sufficient.. I don’t mean obscenely loud.. but you know just nice sorta thing.

amey01 how much did you pay for the Vista's? audioconnection?

Anyways appreciate your feedback and regards!

Latest posts

Back