What model Martin Logan speaker(s) do you have?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What 80's model Martin Logan speaker(s) do you have?

• CLS orginal (no vertical bars)

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • CLS (gaps between the horizontal and vertical bars)

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • CLS-II

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Monolith

• Monolith-III

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Sequel

• Sequel (-I) ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sequel-II

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Statement

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other 80's Martin Logan speaker not listed

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters

enilsen

Reaction score

If you own several models then just choose your favourite. :)

Last edited:
One of my favorite design / performance elements I like about the 80's series was the perfectly vertical mounting of the panels. The panels were mounted at the right height and their dispersion characteristics don't engage the ceiling as slanted models do.

JonFo said:
One of my favorite design / performance elements I like about the 80's series was the perfectly vertical mounting of the panels. The panels were mounted at the right height and their dispersion characteristics don't engage the ceiling as slanted models do.
Hey I never even thought about that.

Hmm! I ways thought the newer models appeared to leaning backwards like they were to be used in an auditorium.

I have Monolith II's with the original panels and woofers.

I have the Monolith II's.They were produced in 1987 and everything is original.:rocker:

Original Sequel's, built around 1986? serial #8810154/55.

Replaced both woofers, panels are original, as mentioned in another thread, they might need to be replaced but, they don't buzz, look great, sound great to me. They just have a very slight crackle when the amp turns on, very slight so I just keep them as is for now.

Mr. Powers mentioned thru an email he was working the line when these were built, he did a great job with the crossovers on these, they just have a magic about them, can't put my finger on it why. My EE/TE roommate who replaced the woofs said it was some of the finest engineering work he'd seen in awhile (about the crossovers).

Latest posts

Back