Turntable: The Power and Evil in Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
After viewing many a splendid turntable in recent threads I thought it was time to share one of my most priced music spinning devices. It is an entirely self contained turntable, amplifier and stereo speaker device, which actually plays with the aid of one or more coins. More impressive though is the machine's ability to teach the listener about the evil and pleasure of music.

When the player is closed it shows that great seducer of listeners, The Pied Piper of Hamelin, making his listeners follow him when playing his Pipe.

Open the lid and see the turntable surrounded by fire and the lid surrounded by matches showing the emperor Nero reclining with his consort, captivated by the lyre player, while the city of Rome is ablaze.

We also see the Sirens of Sirenum scopuli tempting sailors to steer their ship on the rocks through their irrisistable song.

Remember also how the Israelites entered the promised land by playing their trumpets, causing the walls of Jericho to come tumbling down.

This device is very useful for "full blown audiophiles" who are constantly being seduced by better sounding, shinier and more transparent music playing devices.
Whenever I feel the need to upgrade, I pull out this grammophone so I may be reminded of all these disasterous temptations.

Then turn and I look at my other sound system (the big one) and think: did this thing really work? Hmmm...........

Attachments

• Pied Piper.jpg
    Pied Piper.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 168
  • Open.jpg
    Open.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Nero.jpg
    Nero.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Sirens.jpg
    Sirens.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Jericho.jpg
    Jericho.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
That's a real beauty... My son sure would love to have that... would you be willing to trade?

Folk art?

There is another word for it..................help me out.

Addaptive Art?

Found Art?

kach22i said:
Folk art?

There is another word for it..................help me out.

Addaptive Art?

Found Art?

The work was created by a well known Detroit artist, Jerome Ferretti, a painter and ceramicist. He knew of my facination with records (the black kind) and painted this gramophone for me. He often combines inventive visuals with a wry sense of humor and in this case social commentary. Call it......art.

Very unusual. And very clever. I wouldn't part with it.

Back