VPI on backorder...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
I was told today by my dealer (Soundwerks) that the Scout table I ordered a week ago is now on backorder. It may take a few more weeks until VPI sends it out, as VPI is waiting for some parts needed to build the table. Just a heads up to anyone thinking about buying one soon. - Steve

A few weeks if you're lucky. Be patient, VPI can be really, really slow!

Warning

slowGEEZR said:
I was told today by my dealer (Soundwerks) that the Scout table I ordered a week ago is now on backorder. It may take a few more weeks until VPI sends it out, as VPI is waiting for some parts needed to build the table. Just a heads up to anyone thinking about buying one soon. - Steve
Examine it very carefully in bright light. Their workmanship can be sloppy sometimes. I had to replace at least 8 parts that came scratched on my TNT 5 including all the feet. Check the cones carefully (wipe them off) and check for scratches before you take the table out of the dealer's store.

risabet said:
A few weeks if you're lucky. Be patient, VPI can be really, really slow!

I wonder if it is because they are swamped with orders and can't keep up, or they have to wait for enough orders to come in before they can do a production run?

Rik_Rankin said:
Examine it very carefully in bright light. Their workmanship can be sloppy sometimes. I had to replace at least 8 parts that came scratched on my TNT 5 including all the feet. Check the cones carefully (wipe them off) and check for scratches before you take the table out of the dealer's store.

Thanks, I'll check it all very closely.

slowGEEZR said:
Thanks, I'll check it all very closely.
It's because they have assemblers they pay $8 an hour to and all of their parts are subcontracted

Latest posts

Back