This is a POLL

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of music do you most listen to?

• Rock and Roll

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • Classical

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Pop

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Blues

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • R&B

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Rap

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Reggae

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soul

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Age

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Jazz

Votes: 31 28.2%

• Total voters
I had a real hard time with this pole. My musical tastes span many different catagories, but when pushed to pick one, I took rock. Too bad you can't pick multiple catagories. :rolleyes:

TomDac said:
What kind of music do you most listen to?

Is there a way to change my vote?

I believe I voted "other" ( I say "believe" because I didn't see "jazz" as an option before - is this the same poll? was this same poll created in the old website).

Any way, I'd like to cast my vote as "jazz", even though I like "rock" better (but with my hearing condition its just hard to tolerate rock).

I agree with the others that it would be nice to vote for more than 1 option. But, I don't think there is a way to modify the voting method with this code(is there a way??), and there can't be more than 1 "most" listened type by 1 person. Besides, with most any kinds of votes, there only one option (imagine being able to vote for more than 1 president?). (Don't I sound like I don't know what I want ;) ?)

Peter_Klim said:
Is there a way to change my vote?

I believe I voted "other" ( I say "believe" because I didn't see "jazz" as an option before ).

Same for me Peter....Jazz was not there before, so I too voted OTHER.

Dan

I voted pop because it was the easiest choice, but in fact I'm listening to a wide range of music styles...

A lot of classical music (especially organ and baroque music), quite a lot of the 80's, I enjoy Arabic music (andalous and modern), rock'n'roll, sometimes jazz, not that much disco... :)

Too bad you can't pick multiple catagories.

since many of us (myself included) listen to many types of music, maybe a poll that asked what don't you listen too would be easier :)

Yea, it's an awkward poll to say the least.

Slighly better would of been source based (for me anyway):

.......ie: CD = Alternative Rock........LP = Jazz.

Even that is an unfair stereotype.

Heck, putting most artist I listen to in a catagory is an unfair practice - I have a heck of a time organizing and filing things. :)

Where does movie theatrical theme music come into?
Classical......

Impossible to answer that poll as formulated !! :rolleyes:

My answer would be: all of the above except R & B, Rap, Reggae and Soul ! :p

Since I have eclectic tastes, I mostly listen to Classical music and Jazz, with a healthy dose of Blues, plus some Hard and Progressive Rock ! ;)

Last edited:
That's such a hard question to answer! I picked Rock, but I love both jazz and classical, too. Wish I could have picked my top three or something.

Yeah, I really can't answer with one option. I listen mostly to rock, since it's easier to listen to (I mean, they play it on the radio!), but if I listen to something, it's probably classic, jazz, or Pink Floyd. Instead, I'll do this. I just got my Sequels 2 weeks ago so the discs I've wanted other people to hear are sitting on teh cabinet...
Best of Blondie, Vivaldi (you know which :)), The Joshua Tree, Sheffield Drive, Dave Brubeck Double Live, Poe, Ein Kleine Nachmusik, Collective Soul, Wish You Were Here, Dave Matthews, Dire Straits, The Cure.

I voted "other" because I listen to several genres: rock & roll, pop, classical, new age, and jazz.

Back