Animated discussion in AVS Forum on auto room correction

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry

Reaction score
There's a very lively back-and-forth currently taking place in AVS Forum entitled "Does Auto Room Correction Do More Good Than Harm?" It's entertaining and sometimes informative.

Lots of thunder and little substance, all in response to a vexed question.

Yes, and not much recognition that the biggest variable is how one measures.

I can make any 'room corrector' sound like crap just by screwing up the measurement process. Conversely, I can get astounding results when well done (and assuming the rest of the system is up to delivering).
So a lot of the 'opinion' and 'experience' is clouded by the question of was the setup well executed?

Last edited:
I've had an excellent experience with a DSPeaker Dual Core unit. It does automatic DRC in the low frequency range among other things and has no unwanted side effects that I can detect. I'm using it in conjunction with GIK absorption panels at the first reflection points and RPG Skyline diffusers on the wall behind the SL3s. Also bass traps on the back wall corners. With this setup, I have great sound stage and tonal balance even though in a much smaller room (9'-6" x 14'-6") than I used to have.

Guido F.

Back