New / used vinyl collection

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just retrieved, after 20 years in storage, my vinyl collection.

Labels includes Sheffield Lab (some unopened), Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs, Reference Recordings, Mark Levinson, Japanese pressings, etc.

Genres include classical, jazz, rock, and pop.

I do not want to sell individually unless I absolutely have to. Way too much time / trouble.

Would prefer selling all to one party, be it an individual or a service that will sell for me at a reasonable processing fee. Trust is paramount in my decision as to who to sell to in order to avoid the "you said this" conflict and to reach agreement regarding fair market value.

All records have been cleaned by my VPI 16.5 Record Cleaning Machine and include "after market" record sleeves when required. All are in very good to excellent condition with literally no scratches.

Not putting this in the "For Sale" forum at this time and I hope that is OK with the moderators.

Looking for recommendations on how to sell my collection at a fair market price in a reasonable, time efficient manner.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gordon

PS: Total volume fits into three standard supermarket "apple" boxes

Last edited:
Hi Gordon,
I would suggest not trying to sell them all to 1 individual, but rather sell each genre as individual sales. Some one who likes classical music might care less about rock.

Gordon, as Peter stated, but regardless you will need to list your alblums (via attached link, whatever), I'd suggest you post your Lp's on the various respectable forums ....ours, audiocircle, audiokarma, etc. All of which have a large group of analog fans, especially Audiokarma. If that dosen't work out I suppose you could reach out to a 'record broker', though I don't know of any.............do you have kids that would appreciate them ??

If all else fails send them to me, they would be in good hands !!

BTW.........how did you manage to 'wash' your unopened Lp's with your VPI 16.5 ?? ....sorry I couldn't resist !!

Hi Gordon,

I'm very interested in acquiring your collection, but not sure I could afford to make a fair offer. What sort of price were you thinking of? (We can take this to email/PMs if you prefer...) Note that my intent would be to enjoy these records by adding them to my own collection, rather than reselling them.

Guessing by your description, I'd say there's about 250 - 300 records in your collection.

Last edited:
Without knowing what exactly is there, quite seriously, if you think you some rare, unopened or otherwise valuable pressings, you'll probably be better to separate those out.

By all means, sell the rest as a complete lot.

Latest posts

Back