a 'memory jog' !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
ran across a bunch of old redeipts from "back in the day", heck probably before some of you were born !

Anyways thought some might get a kick out of seeing what I payed for what was my 'reference' analog set-up back in '77

Attachments

• img083.jpg
    img083.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 127
11/2/77...that's a while ago. Let's see, I was less than a month away from leaving the USAF, up in beautiful Minot, ND. :D

I don't think I still have any receipts for stereo gear from that far back.

I was a few months old!

Not sure if I have any reciepts from stereo equipment. I think I started keeping them from about 1980!

In 77 I had an all in one Soundesign system that had AM/FM, Cassette & Record player all in one.

Last edited:
FWIW, what I had along with my Kenwood KD-500 back in the day was a Technics 8600 integrated amp with matching tuner (rather nice piece) and for speakers, Paradox 'Time Align'....TA-12's, they still play on today at a friends house up in Rochester !

I think in '77 I was still using a Sansui AU6500 with a pair of Infinity floor-standers and a Pioneer PL51A. Switched to Phase Linear not too long after that.

I can't produce those receipts, Dave, but I can produce a hand-written receipt for a nice 1961 Porsche 356A ca 1972. Purchase price? $1,650.:eek:

I found a few things myself. Not my first purchase reciept (no idea where that is), although I found my first quotation and brochures for the products, which I ended up buying the very next week. I was still at school, in 1994.

I also came across my first ML purchase, more recently in 2005!

Attachments

• IMG_2010.jpg
    IMG_2010.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2011.jpg
    IMG_2011.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 82

Latest posts

Back