Vinyl Racks

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Necrosuit

Reaction score
Hey folks, Im moving into my new house and am bringing along my 1500 LP collection. I searched a bit tonight but didnt find any good vinyl racks/shelves to accomondate. Do any of you have some links or places to check out vinyl racks? Im very limited on time and wont be building one. thanks.

Hey folks, Im moving into my new house and am bringing along my 1500 LP collection. I searched a bit tonight but didnt find any good vinyl racks/shelves to accomondate. Do any of you have some links or places to check out vinyl racks? Im very limited on time and wont be building one. thanks.

The Expedit series of racks from Ikea look like they work very well. I'm planning to pick some up sooner or later.

Google per madsen design.

Also, I know that MiTT (Tim) bought a fancy rack for his bazillion LP's, so you may want to PM him. He posted pictures here a while ago, but I have no idea in which thread. You may want to check his system thread.

If you want to spend a lot of money, there are many very good vinyl racks out there. If you want to spend just a little money, there are few very good vinyl racks. The Expedit, from IKEA, as mentioned by Rich Teer, is inexpensive, yet very functional. Each of its cubes store 50 - 60 of the booklet style, or about 75 of the non-booklet single record style of album. If I remember correctly, these units are around $80 each.

932379255_RY5BU-L.jpg

Google per madsen design.

Also, I know that MiTT (Tim) bought a fancy rack for his bazillion LP's, so you may want to PM him. He posted pictures here a while ago, but I have no idea in which thread. You may want to check his system thread.

Yes, I bought a Billy Bags LP rack from Audio Advisor. Can't remember what I paid for it, but it was on sale recently I noticed because I was thinking of getting another. Very sturdy and will hold 1500 LP's.

Attachments

• BBags.jpg
    BBags.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 3,489
I searched a bit tonight but didnt find any good vinyl racks/shelves to accomondate. Do any of you have some links or places to check out vinyl racks?

I'm not really into vinyl racks. I much prefer wood or metal to vinyl. :ROFL:

Ok, stupid joke and I really don't have much to add to this thread, but I do hope you find a nice rack. Every man deserves to have a nice rack in his home. Ok, I'll stop now.

And that feels sturdy after loading it up? I wonder if the bigger brother will be sturdy after loading it with 700 lps!?

And that feels sturdy after loading it up? I wonder if the bigger brother will be sturdy after loading it with 700 lps!?

I can't speak for the big Expedit racks, but my 3 x 3 rack from Home Depot seems sturdy enough:

IMG_1715.jpg

A few more records have been added since that pic was taken, but you get the gist.

It's nice that the Expedits come in different sizes and I've made good use of Todd the Vinyl Junkie's crates in the past, though they are a bit expensive....

Attachments

• Records-1.jpg
    Records-1.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 3,051
  • Records-2.jpg
    Records-2.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 3,092
I realize that this post may be a little late and you've perhaps already made a decision or purchased your racks by now, but I just came across this site and I thought I'd send it to you anyway. www.tonyswoodshop.com
Cheers, Skipp

Latest posts

Back