Announcing Vinylphile: a freely-downloadable, vinyl-centric audio mag

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichTeer

Reaction score
Hi all,

As some of you know, I lost my computer programming job late in 2008. About a year ago I decided to put my (ahem) writing talent to use and publish a magazine about something I've loved almost my whole life: high-end audio and music (especially on vinyl). After a lot advice and encouragement from friends, acquaintances, and industry contacts--not to mention a LOT of hard work--I'm pleased to announce that today my dream has become a reality: I have just posted the first issue of Vinylphile! You can download it--for FREE--from here: http://www.vinylphilemag.com/pdf/vinylphile-001.pdf

Late last year some people from here responded to a survey I posted about the mag. I'd like to thank everyone who responded to that survey, and their help in shaping the mag into what it is today.

I hope you enjoy reading the mag as much as I did putting it together!

Good 'First Print' Rich, I wish you continued success !

Thanks for the kudos guys, and the complement about the cover shot TJ! Mind you, there's a whole pile of rejected pics--hoorah for digital cameras!

Nice work!

Lyle and kelly's was my first ever ML experience...

Thanks, and it's a small world!

BTW, we're having a launch party at The Hi Fi Attic on Friday June 25th, from 4:30 until about 9:00. See you there?

Hi all,

As some of you know, I lost my computer programming job late in 2008. About a year ago I decided to put my (ahem) writing talent to use and publish a magazine about something I've loved almost my whole life: high-end audio and music (especially on vinyl). After a lot advice and encouragement from friends, acquaintances, and industry contacts--not to mention a LOT of hard work--I'm pleased to announce that today my dream has become a reality: I have just posted the first issue of Vinylphile! You can download it--for FREE--from here: http://www.vinylphilemag.com/pdf/vinylphile-001.pdf

Late last year some people from here responded to a survey I posted about the mag. I'd like to thank everyone who responded to that survey, and their help in shaping the mag into what it is today.

I hope you enjoy reading the mag as much as I did putting it together!

Rich,
I just discovered your e-zine and really enjoyed the first issue. I am an inveterate vinyl junkie with a collection of more than 8000 lps. I was wondering if you needed reviewers. My main interest is classical music but I certainly have a large number of rock, pop, jazz etc lps as well. Years ago I did music reviews for the late, lamented Ultimate Audio. Let me know if this sounds feasible.
Lawrence

Hi Lawrence, I'm glad you enjoyed the first issue of Vinylphile! And yes, I'd love to talk with you about revewing some records. Let's take this to PMs/email to avoid cluttering up the forum.

Back