Wolf Hoffmann - Classical

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Wolf Hoffmann
Classical
2003 Drakkar Records
Genre: Rock/Metal-Classical
Artist info: Guitarist Wolf Hoffmann, formerly with
the German heavy metal band Accept.

rr_poprock_5.jpg

General Comments
[size=-2]07/15/2004 Seth Valencia [/size]
While combining classical music with heavy metal isn't a new idea (take Yngwie Malmsteen for example), Wolf Hoffmann has taken this concept to another level. This album "Classical", is in a word, a Masterpiece. But this isn't "Heavy Metal" per say, it's a brilliant concept album that uses the electric guitar in ways that have never been done before. Just imagine what the great masters of classical music like Ravel, Grieg, or Beethoven would have done if they'd had a whammy bar and a Marshall stack.

I have been a fan of classical music for some time and I've always loved the sounds of classical infused metal. But this one is unlike anything I've ever heard before. This is an album that even non metal fans might enjoy. There's a variety of guitar styles here. Ever wonder what Beethoven's Fur Elise might sound like as a blues instrumental? Well, it's here with track 7's " Blues For Elise". From start to finish this album is a real treat. It starts off with a Prelude from Bizet's Carmen Suite No 1 and works it's way through 11 awesome tracks, including Grieg's "In The Hall Of The Mountain King" (track 2) , Tchaikovsky's "Arabian Dance" from The Nutcracker (track 4), and concludes with Edward Elgar's "Pomp And Circumstance". There is not one song on this album that I don't like, as each and every song are simply stunning. Even if you aren't a big fan of Hard Rock/Metal you owe yourself a listen to the works of this guitar master. Highly recommended.

Latest posts

Back