Im officially a tube guy !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.A.P

Reaction score
Well at least a tube owner! I have been jamming all day to the Jolidia FX10 integrated tube amp hooked up to my Carbon 7 Monitors. Its a good sound with amazing stage for such little power. 10 watts and its tiny little 8 x8 box with , hell some tubes. I couldn't tell you what they are. Im cool though as I stare at them glowing and imagining Lost In Space reruns.

I did splurge for the upgraded stands and the esoteric speaker wire. :ROFL:

Attachments

• jolidia.jpg
    jolidia.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 344
  • Tubs  carbon 7.jpg
    Tubs carbon 7.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 345
I hope you bought the additional stands to be able to eat dinner :D Sweet looking and must sound very nice!

Gordon

forget the stands and wires time to get rolling my friend. Cant wait for your opinions on Telefunken,vs. Brimar,vs. GEC,vs GE,vs Sylvania,vs RCA vs. Svetlana, vs.Electro-Harmonix and all of the variations and combinations.

Happy listening and dont forget the long plate vs. short plate and NOS.

It may only be 10 watts but anyone want to make guesses as to the time frame before CAP tries them on his IIa's.

I'll give him until next weekend.

Glad to hear you like the new rig.

forget the stands and wires time to get rolling my friend. Cant wait for your opinions on Telefunken,vs. Brimar,vs. GEC,vs GE,vs Sylvania,vs RCA vs. Svetlana, vs.Electro-Harmonix and all of the variations and combinations.

Hell, Im still recovering from the Roofie you slipped me last night to comprehend all that ! Sounds like a lot of Figure skaters all thrown together ! Rolling ?? Hell I quit that back when I was 20.........

It may only be 10 watts but anyone want to make guesses as to the time frame before CAP tries them on his IIa's.

I'll give him until next weekend.

Glad to hear you like the new rig.
Already am working on it! I have to keep a dead eye on that little guy next to the big Krell , If I turn my head I may hear a loud crunch and see no more 8x8 box but rather a 200lb battleship gray amp and glass shrapnel.. ! krell's are territorial !

Last edited:
I can see it now - 10 Watt Jolida blows away the big Krell in CLSIIa shock horror...

That's why the Krell will probably kill it before you get the chance to hook it up. It's just plain scared...:D

Anyway - enjoy. Cute little amp.

Therein lies madness! I have done some tube rolling and sometimes hear huge differences, and sometimes none at all. Somewhat like cables....

Chris, what tubes do your babies use?

Already am working on it! I have to keep a dead eye on that little guy next to the big Krell , If I turn my head I may hear a loud crunch and see no more 8x8 box but rather a 200lb battleship gray amp and glass shrapnel.. ! krell's are territorial !

Be careful, there C.A.P. All changes start small - and then grow big. Within a few months you may get a couple of VTL Wotans that will melt your Krell!

Now yer talkin' C.A.P.! :D

I would suggest you look for a R2R with good recording heads so you're not limited to T.P. tapes.

I'm diggin' my Phase 1 UHA modded Tascam BR-20.

Satch

Latest posts

Back