Happy Camper poll !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Given the recent Martin Logan news I'm likely to...

• take a 'wait and see' approach

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • write a letter to M/L voicing my concerns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • go out and buy a new pair of 'Logans'

• sell my Logans ...never to return !

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Ok.......you knew this had to happen.....the two most 'hit upon' topics as of late......."M/L production moving" and "Jim Powers retiring" have created quite a stir, as they probably should have. So with that being said here's a little poll to ponder......

Hello,
The news of late has been negative. I posted a link to a very complimentary Review of the Summit X, Stage, Vista, Descent i HT from Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity to bring up something positive. That and I had yet to see a Professional Review of the Stage before.

Bad news usually comes in 3's so hopefully, Production being moved, Jim Power's "retirement", and the announcement that support for all Legacy Models will cease to be takes care of that.
Cheers,
JJ

Ok.......you knew this had to happen.....the two most 'hit upon' topics as of late......."M/L production moving" and "Jim Powers retiring" have created quite a stir, as they probably should have. So with that being said here's a little poll to ponder......
What poll where ? What have you been smoking (again) Dave ? :)

I think it's more speculation at this point. We do not have any numbers and we are not privy to conversations with top management.

One thing we do know is that the company was purchased during a housing boom. Money was easy to come by. People were either building or remodeling home theaters. We are far, far, far from returning to that state. We also know that the new owners want to grow the company outside its fairly small audiophile roots. If done right, this may not be a bad thing.

Still a good product - expanding their distribution channels. I'm in the wait and see camp. The future product is where the rubber hits the road and we shall see where that goes.

I'm Happy!

Nice Preface speakers, beautiful sound, great forum and support. At some point I need to enjoy what I have and relax knowing it's good. But lets face it this hobby is a never ending quest to do better. I don't think anyone here will be left without products they will love.

No poll there - but I'll wait and see. Only intentions have been anounced so far. If anything materialises, I'm out and out fast - hopefully before any reduction in value of my used product.

The last thing I want is a unsaleable used product - that would make my next upgrade very difficult!

As for ML moving, it might not be bad in the long run. I do feel sorry for the people who lost their jobs as I have been there myself in that situation.

As for Jim's retirement - Jim was a very special individual and invaluable to us all. Hopefully he choose retirement and it wasn't forced upon him.

As for the panel issue - I am sure ML was surprised at the bachlash from all the members here and had to do a re-think on the issue. I think if the issue of non replacement panels had gone to other forums such as Audiogon, Audiokarma, Home theatre shack, etc, ML would have quite a mess on their hands. I am a member of about 8 different forum sites and noticed it was contained to our ML site which I beleive was quite lucky for ML.
Cheers, Greg

I don't know what to make about this move, but after Shoreview had initially bought out ML a few years ago when I was new to the forum - anything is possible.

I mean, after SV bought out Gayle, they still came out with fantastic products and a lot of us thought it was over before then.

We'll see. It's definitely not good for the Kansas folk... and no more National Meets there for sure. But perhaps some good is still left down the road for us?

WTF why can I not vote have you taken my civil rights away Twitch54 lol

Back