The new Boulder 1008 is phenominal!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
Just got this in this afternoon and I'm still up listening to records!

Wow, this preamp is a knockout. Fully balanced, solid state and two
inputs...

We'll have a full review in issue #28, due out March 28. According to
Sales Manager Rich Maez, we'll have the first review in the world on this!

Attachments

• Boulder.jpg
    Boulder.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,882
Just got this in this afternoon and I'm still up listening to records!

Wow, this preamp is a knockout. Fully balanced, solid state and two
inputs...

We'll have a full review in issue #28, due out March 28. According to
Sales Manager Rich Maez, we'll have the first review in the world on this!

Jeff,

Thanks for the heads-up. Not that Boulder is in my price bracket, but if you don't mind the suggestion, please indicate in the review whether or not this preamp will have cinema bypass inputs and whether or not they offer a balanced pair or just single-ended. I suppose that Boulder might provide such information on its website, but that is not always a given with some manufacturers.

The 1008 is a phono preamp, a scaled down version of the 2008, and no Boulder product to date that I know of has single ended inputs... The 1008 is truly phenomenal.

The 1008 is a phono preamp, a scaled down version of the 2008, and no Boulder product to date that I know of has single ended inputs... The 1008 is truly phenomenal.

Thanks for the info. Didn't realize it was a phono preamp. Jeff did say fully balanced in his initial post, but some fully balanced linestage preamps have single-ended only cinema bypass (Modwright, for example).

The Modwright is not a true balanced design, it just has a pair of transformers to achieve this. All of the Boulder products are fully balanced from input to output.

They do include one set of balanced to SE adapters, I'll find out the price on addl. ones. Fortunately, I've got a balanced tonearm cable, so I can run at least one turntable this way.

Back