Lyra delos

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FISH_MAN

Reaction score
just got it installed last night! I have only listened to a couple of records but it does sound sweet and detailed.
this thing seems delicate I must try to be careful...

Attachments

• lyra delos.jpg
    lyra delos.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 9,180
Looking good, glad you are enjoying it! Talked to them at the show and have one on the way. Can't wait!

it was 2 am last night so after work I am gonna crank it up a bit and see what she can do :) I imagine it will take some break in as well.

Looking good, glad you are enjoying it! Talked to them at the show and have one on the way. Can't wait!

are they really nice people? I get the feeling that they are not as aloof as some others.

Alan Perkins, the Lyra importer is a very nice guy indeed.

My experience with all of the Lyra's I've used is that they usually take about 100 hours to break in all the way. If you don't have the Cardas test record, you might consider picking that up and running the burn in/frequency sweep a few times, that will speed up the process a bit...

Should be a great match for your 2300. I had great luck with the Argo i, the Dorian and the Skala with the 2300's mc stage.

would you say they are a long lived cartridge or about average ?

would you say they are a long lived cartridge or about average ?

I've had my Lyra Parnassus since 1993 and it's still going strong. I think that'd place it in the "long lived" category. :) It's not seen use all of that time (my TT was out of action for a couple of years), but it's still going strong and sounding good. That said, I think it is about time for an upgrade...

Edit: I should add that I keep my records and stylus as clean as possible, which no doubt adds to the Parnassus' longevity.

this thing sounds really sweet :meditate:

Last edited:
maybe this will clear things up this is the users manual that came with the delos.
I believe it replaces the argo i

Attachments

• lyra manual.jpg
    lyra manual.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,217
Last edited:
It is so freaky that the stylus sticks out beyond the body like that.

Most cartridges have the stylus tucked under the body, perhaps to protect it from harm.

It is so freaky that the stylus sticks out beyond the body like that.

Most cartridges have the stylus tucked under the body, perhaps to protect it from harm.

it makes placement on the record groove effortless it's like a little finger sticking out.the lyra cartridges are by far my favorite looking aside from some of the koetsu cartridges.

Congratulations Fishy Guy ! Do let us know how it sounds after the 100hrs of break-in recommended by Jeff.

I've had my Lyra Parnassus since 1993 and it's still going strong. I think that'd place it in the "long lived" category. :) ....... That said, I think it is about time for an upgrade...

Edit: I should add that I keep my records and stylus as clean as possible, which no doubt adds to the Parnassus' longevity.
I thought I was the only one who had his cartridge that long. My Koetsu still sounds great, but I think it's time for a rebuild.

To add to Rich's comment about cleanliness, I highly recommend the Zerodust Onzow stylus cleaner. Speaking of which, I think I see dust on the tip of the stylus in that picture !

If it ain't broke (and you're still happy with the sonics) don't fix it, Bernard? It's not going to be cheap if you send it back to Koetsu, Matter of fact, how much is it? Be interesting to know.

At 400% mag I think I agree about the dust...:D

I think I see dust on the tip of the stylus in that picture !

I removed it immediately after I thought no one would notice but I should have noticed with this group that would not be the case ;)

If it ain't broke (and you're still happy with the sonics) don't fix it, Bernard? It's not going to be cheap if you send it back to Koetsu, Matter of fact, how much is it? Be interesting to know.

At 400% mag I think I agree about the dust...:D
Justin, I am happy with the sonics, but after close to 20 years I suspect that any rubber, etc has dried out. Would be great if I could compare it to a new one, but that is not going to happen anytime soon.

I emailed Koetsu USA a while ago, asking how much a rebuild would cost. The bums did not respond.

Justin, I am happy with the sonics, but after close to 20 years I suspect that any rubber, etc has dried out. Would be great if I could compare it to a new one, but that is not going to happen anytime soon.

I emailed Koetsu USA a while ago, asking how much a rebuild would cost. The bums did not respond.

The new guy at Koetsu USA is very weird.

If you need some help with your Koetsu, talk to Clark Williams at Acoustic Sounds. He'll take care of you....

one thing that is completely obvious about this new cartridge is the groove noise ( a low rumbling I heard before on a lot of records ) is much lower almost completely gone, this really makes the sound come across a lot cleaner to me.

Latest posts

Back