Red Wine Audio Black Lightning is awesome!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
For any of you that have a phono preamplifier that uses anywhere from 5-24 volts, throw that wall wart out and get your hands on Red Wine Audio's Black Lightning...

It can also work with Preamplifiers, DAC's and works particularly well with the Wadia 170i too.

A giant, high current SLA battery pack (with smart charger), the Black Lightning will get that last bit of grunge out of your system.

I'm using mine with the Nagra VPS phono preamp. I love my VPS, but I've always had just a touch of noise and hum way, way down there that I couldn't get rid of. Now with the RWA Black Lightning, it's ALL gone. This thing is solid state quiet. Not to mention better dynamics and bigger soundstage.

Vinnie can configure one specifically for your gear. Price is 650-850 depending on the current capacity you require.

We'll have a full review shortly.

For less than the price of an expensive power cord, you can eliminate the AC entirely.

http://www.redwineaudio.com/products/black-lightning

Wish I still had my Klyne SK2A. I always wondered how it would sound with a battery pack, and almost made up my own. This one, of course, would cost more than the Klyne.

Back